Three more people were rescued from a flooded Thai cave on Tuesday, officials said, bringing to 11 the number saved and raising hopes all members of the young football team who became trapped 18 days ago would survive.
Rescue personnel wait by helicopters on waterlogged grounds near the caves on July 10, the third day of rescues.
Family members have seen at least some of the boys from behind a glass isolation barrier, and Jedsada said doctors might let the boys walk around their beds on Tuesday.
Four boys and their 25-year-old soccer coach remain deep in the cave, an ordeal that has lasted more than two weeks after they were trapped inside by floods.
Four boys and the coach are still to be rescued.
Thai authorities revealed that the first phase was executed "smoothly" and the boys who had been evacuated were in "good health".
Four were rescued over the weekend.
The boys are expected to remain hospitalized for at least a week, meaning they won't be able to take up FIFA's invitation to attend the World Cup final in Russian Federation.
Local news website Khao Sod English said the tenth boy emerged from the cave at 4.33pm (7.33pm AEST), with the eleventh soon following at 5.13pm (8.13pm AEST).
Crews build containment around destructive California fires
With warm temperatures , windy conditions and potential for lightning, there's a chance of more fires in the coming days. A fire broke out in the hills above Goleta late Friday night, causing mandatory evacuations in the surrounding areas.
The chief the rescue mission said they are being kept apart from relatives because of infection concerns, Reuters reports. Narongsak Osottanakorn followed a similar protocol on day one and day two of the rescue, withholding confirmation until the mission for the day had ended. Four of the trapped Thai cave boys were rescued over the weekend, and on Monday, four more were transported to the hospital.
Two of the first boys had mild lung infections which could be pneumonia but, he said, most of the boys were "fine, normal" and had undergone a battery of tests, X-rays, and received vaccinations.
The eight boys brought out on Sunday and Monday were in good health overall and some asked for chocolate bread for breakfast, officials said.
The boys, who got stuck inside the cave when it flooded June 23, survived until they were found nine days later only by drinking water that dripped off the stalactites hanging above them.
Nineteen divers are involved in the rescue attempt and officials said water levels remain stable, unaffected by the rain.
"For the second lot of patients arriving last night, whose ages range from 12 to 14, they arrived with very low body temperature, and one of them had a low heart rate", he said. Chiang Rai province's acting governor, Narongsak Osatanakorn, who is in charge of the rescue, voiced confidence on Monday in the ongoing operation, provided the weather doesn't worsen.
"If the rain god helps us, then we may be able to work fast", the head of the rescue mission, Narongsak told reporters.
Four boys and their soccer coach remain in the cave.