Woman accused of driving children in kennels to be arraigned

Adjust Comment Print

The Tennessee grandmother was arrested this weekend after allegedly driving around the Memphis area on Saturday with two grandkids in dog kennels in the back of her Ford Explorer.

Arresting officers noted there being no air conditioning vents in the back of the vehicle with the children telling police they became hot.

She is now facing two charges of child endangerment. They say she's a woman of faith and a very nice lady. It also states "she checked on the children periodically and later removed them from the kennel and put them in the rear seats of her vehicle".

The citizen, who does not want to be identified, sent the video to Memphis Police.

A woman has been arrested after a video shared online showed two children getting out of pet kennels inside the trunk of an SUV.

The issues of child abuse and endangerment have been at the forefront of the public awareness ever since 13 children were discovered shackled and held captive in a Perris, California, home last January.

Trump administration's latest attack on Obamacare would gut protections for the sick
On Friday, America's Health Insurance Plans, an insurance industry trade group, criticized the federal government's filing. Parts of the package created the ACA public exchange system and set underwriting and benefits rules for health coverage.

A Tennessee woman was arrested over the weekend for transporting two children around in dog kennels inside her vehicle.

"It's shocking, it really is", Blake told WATN.

Cheeks admitted that she drove the children in the kennels from Whitehaven to Collierville, which is a 35-minute ride. "I couldn't see her actually doing that", said neighbor Skylarr Blake. I only met her like once maybe twice. WATN said it attempted to contact Cheeks at her home over the weekend, but no one answered the door.

Strangely enough, there is little information available on the relations between Cheeks and the children, aged 7 and 8-years-old.

Cheeks was released on bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Monday morning.