Casualties reported after air strike hits presidential palace in Yemen

Adjust Comment Print

He was the acting president of the territory under rebel control while the Houthis' leader, Abdel-Malek al-Houthi, has mostly kept out of the public eye, addressing Yemenis only in occasional newscasts on rebel-run outlets. Reported six dead and 30 wounded, but it is unclear whether there are among them representatives of the top of the Houthis.

Eyewitnesses have told The Associated Press that the explosion out of the attack was so solid that several civilians had been murdered within the road. One resident says he saw a body fly over a shop and a auto washer killed by shrapnel.

Ambulances rushed to the area to retrieve the casualties.

The Saudi-led coalition has been waging war against the Houthis since 2015.

The Red Sea port, which handles the majority of the country's imports, was blocaded previous year by Saudi Arabian forces backing the government side.

Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
The only area of concern for them though is none of their batsmen really getting on apart from Kane Williamson. RCB need to keep Yusuf in check if they are entertaining hopes of upsetting the high-flying Hyderabad .


Coalition spokesman Colonel Turki al-Maliki announced late on Sunday evening that air defense forces had detected the launch of two ballistic missiles aimed at Saudi Arabia by Houthi militia from the area north of Amran governorate in Yemen and destroyed them.

It's not clear if there were rebel leaders inside the palace at the time.

Houthi rebels in Yemen claim to have fired two ballistic missiles toward an oil facility in the southern Saudi city of Jizan, close to the border with Yemen, Houthi-controlled Saba news agency reports.

The inhabitants talked on condition of anonymity, fearing for their security.

The Saudi-led coalition has been waging a war against the Houthis to restore the country's internationally recognized government to power.

Comments