A disturbing number of teenagers have been posting videos of themselves accepting the challenge and trying out the pods, which are extremely toxic and absolutely not meant to be consumed.
The internet has exploded with the highly unsafe "Tide Pod challenge", in which teens are supposed to stuff their mouth with detergent powder and even use it for cooking.
"Do not eat", he says as he looks at the Tide Pod, and then the camera, as if he too is truly having to resist popping the pod right into his mouth and chomping down with reckless abandon.
The challenge has gone viral with countless memes, videos and pictures posted on different social media outlets encouraging others to join in. Some even choose to cook the pods, boiling them in water and even placing them on top of pizza.
"Three good reasons for slavery" homework assignment sparks backlash in Wauwatosa
The group task, given on Monday, 8 January, also asked the pupils to list three bad reasons for slavery, Click2Houston reported. Brown Berry seemed extremely relieved with the school's response about her concerns. "It's highly offensive and insensitive".
"How is it 2018 and we have to warn people to not eat laundry detergent?" wrote Lawrence Police Department on Twitter, while alluding to the trend.
Once he bites into it, the pod oozes detergent, and he immediately attempts to spit it out. At least 10 deaths have been linked to ingesting detergent pods, according to the CBS News report.
"A lot of people were just saying how stupid I was or how - why would I be willing to do that", he said. "No one should be putting anything like that in their mouths, you know?" Two were toddlers, eight were seniors with dementia. "They should not be played with, whatever the circumstance is, even if it is meant as a joke".
Children who have ingested detergent from the packets have required medical attention and hospitalization for loss of consciousness, excessive vomiting, drowsiness, throat swelling, and difficulty breathing.