David Haye Has 'Withdrawn From His Rematch' Against Tony Bellew

Adjust Comment Print

David Haye's has withdrawn from his December re-match with Tony Bellew due to an arm injury sustained in training.

Earlier this month it was suggested that Haye, who twice pulled out of fights with Tyson Fury, would be forced to do so from his shot at redemption versus Bellew having picked up a knock, but the former WBA World heavyweight champion would later insist he was fully fit to fight on 17 December.

Bellew and Haye were set to run it back in London's O2 Arena on December 17 but 'The Hayemaker' damaged his biceps in a freakish training accident and the fight was declared off in an official statement.

For whom the bell tolls When is Haye vs Bellew 2 and what TV channel is it on? Haye said he tore a bicep muscle in a "freak accident" during a conditioning session.

Haye, from south London, needed an operation on his injured Achilles before signing to fight Bellew again.

David Haye
GETTYDavid Haye has withdrawn from his fight with Tony Bellew

The 37-year-old is quoted by Matchroom Sport as saying: "I am devastated to announce my much-anticipated rematch against Tony Bellew has been postponed until March 24 or May 5, subject to scheduling". "I've had a tough camp with a lot going on in my life but was ready to repeat my win from March". Bellew was ahead 96-93 on all three scorecards at the time of the stoppage.

Fury must firstly wait for the outcome of a UK Anti-Doping hearing before he can commit to a fight against Bellew.

"I would like to apologize to Tony, his family and his training team, as well as all our fans who have been left disappointed", Haye said. I've been exclusively focused on this fight and it's extremely frustrating that I couldn't finish 2017 with just my ring performance doing the talking.

Haye had to pull out of boxing Lebanese-born Syrian-German Manuel Charr with a hand injury in May 2013 and then a fight against Fury was postponed after the Londoner suffered a cut in sparring in September 2013.

Lebanon FM refuses to attend Arab summit on Iran
But his mannerisms and the fact that he had stopped tweeting for several days had led to rumors Hariri was under house arrest. Getting rid of Mr.al-Hariri might prove a lot easier than turning the government and the whole country against Hezbollah.