Messy weather returns this weekend

Adjust Comment Print

Saturday: Rain and wind, especially later in the day.

Steadier precipitation will taper to on and off rain Saturday night as warmer air surges into Central New York. A cold front will also pass through the area today, which will bring temperatures down as the day goes on.

In parts of CT, they saw a thunderstorm by the early evening that created gusty winds and pea-sized hail, followed by rainbow sightings after the thunderstorm weakened. Few thunderstorms may produce 40 miles per hour wind gusts with over an inch of rain possible. The cold front will already have pushed through by this point. Ahead of the low, temperatures will make a jump into the mid 40s, but will then begin to drop off as the low moves east during the afternoon. Highs will only get into the low to mid 30s and northwest winds will keep gusting over 20mph.

Precipitation directly associated with the storm system will pull out of the area Sunday morning, but a disorganized spray of lake effect will set up in its place.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Scattered snow showers. Showers will continue through Saturday morning with temperatures dropping off after that.

Messy weather returns this weekend
Messy weather returns this weekend

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Chance for rain or snow showers.

The weekend looks mostly dry with high temperatures only reaching the 30s before the next possible weather system moves through Sunday night and into Monday.

Winds today will be pretty nasty in tandem with the cold rain. Winds: South 10-15 with gusts to 35 miles per hour. Three to six inches of snow is possible.

By Sunday evening, the showers will have cleared out of southern New England, but lingering showers will remain in far northern Maine, Vt., and the Canadian border.

Mom Dies While Cleaning After Son's Overdose: Coroner
A 69-year-old grandmother died last week after cleaning up drug paraphernalia left behind from her son's fatal overdose. That officer required four doses of the antidote Narcan to be revived, police officials said at the time.