Fisherman nearly dies after Dover sole jumps down his throat

Adjust Comment Print

The casualty, 28, went into cardiac arrest on October 5 after the fish leapt into his mouth, completely blocking his throat.

Kissing a fish is common practice among fishermen as a celebration of the catch but this one didn't go to plan.

A totally freaky incident took place in Dorset last week, when a 28-year-old man placed a fish he'd just caught over his mouth as a joke, before it wriggled free and leapt down his throat.

The man was artificially ventilated with a bag and mask, but his airway was totally blocked and he wasn't receiving any oxygen whatsoever.

A British angler nearly choked to death after a whole live dover sole fish became lodged in his throat when a prank went horribly wrong.

Within moments he collapsed and stopped breathing in the freak incident on Boscombe Pier in Bournemouth. They also were able to restart the angler's heart at the pier after working on him for three minutes, BBC writes.

His angling friends immediately came to his assistance and performed CPR on him given via instructions relayed by phone from an emergency medical dispatcher in the ambulance control room.

Maine Republican who stood up to Trump to stay in US Senate
She was re-elected with 68.5 percent of votes in 2014, 61.3 percent in 2008 and 58.4 percent in 2002. Her opposition has blocked two President Trump-backed bids to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

They said they were very concerned that if the fish broke up as they were trying to hook it out the patient would die.

"The young men were giving better than average CPR on our entry as educated by the control room staff", Mr Box said.

"Plainly we expected to get the fish out or this patient was not going to survive the short adventure to Royal Bournemouth Hospital", he said.

'I used a laryngoscope to fully extend the mouth and throat and saw what appeared like an altered colour of tissue in his throat.

It took six attempts to get the fish out in one piece.

The ambulance service said the man, who has not been identified, suffered "no lasting effects" from the mishap. Hilariously, Harrison described using a "McGills" forceps to very gently remove the fish from the man's throat by its tail, being careful not to break it off.

"I was intensely mindful that I just had one endeavor at getting this perfectly fine I lost hold or a piece severed and it slid farther of sight at that point there was nothing more that we could have done to recover the obstacle".